Tuesday, October 11, 2011

YOU'RE STILL A KID ANYWAY

I never had one of those little cash registers that most little girls do. I remember I would go to my friends house, and she would have this lovely pink and purple one, that even had a speaker so you could joyfully declare a clean up on imaginary isle 5. I wanted one of those so bad. I almost bought one when I was 10. Which seems so young now, but way too old for a fake cash register.
But hey, I found it hard to fully give up playing with Bratz dolls in year 6. Although then I was a complete and utter 'tom boy' so having bratz dolls was sort of secret to most of the people at my new school, although all of my family were well aware. I had 17. And the runway, the cafe, the scooter and the salon. In a way it's still cool. Of course, they weren't as trashy as they are today. But all their little accessories, their tiny earrings and laptops. That's crazy. There is so much detail in that.

In saying that though, I think I'd still be a fan of making your own toys. Although I was always one to jump on the trampoline, and I'd make up a new game every day after school. I'd pretend to be a secret agent that lived a double life, always with an American accent. Sometimes I'd break and sing a song that was in the moment. And I'd even get chalk and draw my room on the trampoline. That was so so great. I'd literally spend hours on that trampoline, and I'd always feel so embarrassed when someone would come out and catch me mid song.
I wasn't a good singer...

No comments:

Post a Comment